What I wore Sunday - Boys, tanks & choux!

11:02

Yesterday we had some lovely, lovely friends come to visit so Dus and I set ourselves to the task of creating a lovely, lovely pudding for them! We decided to make profiteroles because they're yummy! We found two recipes, one from the regular cookbook, and one from the Usborne Children's book of baking. Of course we used the children's baking book!

Profiteroles for pudding!

Geraint looking mildly pleased with his pudding. 
There were other people present, but Geraint is always so happy to be photographed he's just the natural choice! Dus is not keen about being on my blog at the best of times, and Stacey's always shy despite her looking rather lovely yesterday! Our other friends are away from home while they holiday in Wales so just in case any burglars are reading....they're not who you think they are and they're not named here ;) Better to be safe, right?

Anyway, so then after dinner us ladies withdrew to the drawing room (sitting room) while the boys stayed in the dining area playing remote control tanks (it's almost as if we're living in Downton Abbey!)


My sister and I headed outside to take my WIWS photos and I bomped my head :( It's ok though, Liz caught that on camera for you too!


So here is my What I wore photo below!

I wore a maxi skirt from George by Asda (shortened by about a million inches), white vest top from Peacocks, white cardigan from George by Asda and necklace from who knows where it's so old!

These past few days our weather has started out really nice and sunny, then got chillier as the day goes on, so I snuck a pair of thermal leggings under my maxi skirt for church yesterday. Wouldn't you know it, the day got warmer and warmer so I had to sneak them off after church, before lunch! At least I know I can get a bit more use out of my summer clothes though!

Our schools go back tomorrow so I'm hoping the weather improves for the next couple of weeks, it usually does when they go back, right? 6 weeks has flown by!


You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Your shoes are so pretty! I didn't even notice them yesterday 'cause your skirt is so long.

    And I can attest that the profiteroles were delicious. The whole meal was! Your new oven is fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed her shoes as they were purple :) very pretty :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for all of your hard work on the backpack bookbag. I just saw it and LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must send me your recipe! I adore cream-puffs, but I've never actually made them before. And if the instructions are designed for children I might actually be able to get then right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your backpack pattern - thanks!
    I love chocolate profiteroles too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your backpack pattern - thanks!
    I love chocolate profiteroles too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely outfit, and the pudding looks delicious! I hopped over from Judy's page, where she mentioned you and a luscious recipe you sent to her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri, I love Judy's love of cooking, it's infectious!!

      Delete
  7. Just stopping by to say hello. I saw you had sent Judy of Cranberry Morning a Welsh recipe book. I love Bara Brith. I live on the north Wales coast but I'm originally from Manchester. Husband and two children were born here though, makes me the odd one out :-) I'll follow your blog on Bloglivin so I can stop by again if that's OK.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, we are home safe and sound now :) What a wonderful meal you laid on for us ... yummy roast beef and all the trimmings, followed by gorgeous profiterols .......... one super hostess :) x

    ReplyDelete

Love our posts? Sign up to our newsletter!

* indicates required

Instagram

Fabulous Followers