Stacey's Lapin Noir Bag

18:11

Remember when Sew Sweetness brought out the Lapin Noir bag...um....in July (wow, that long ago?). Well I am still using my version as my regular handbag all this time later and my beautiful friend Stacey gushed enthusiastically over it.

Come Christmas, what else was I going to make her? Oh yeah...something from one of my own patterns? Ah well, next year.



I chose to use an Amy Butler print, Alchemy in Zinnia Imperial Paisley. I thought it was more red on the screen, but when it arrived I saw it matched perfectly with some hot pink cotton I had in my stash. Perfect!


This time I made my husband Dus come with me to the ropes & chains aisle in B&Q to buy my rope for the handles!


 I absolutely adore this fabric, I'm trying to convince Dus we need living room curtains made out of it!


 I made the shoulder handles a bit longer because I know my friend likes to wear her bags slightly lower.


Inside is two large slip pockets, one zipped pocket (yellow zip, AB paisley inside) and a paisley fussy-cut iPhone pocket (On the front of the zipped pocket).


My friend is more of a purples girl but she saw the fabric through the torn wrapping paper and immediately said, I LOVE IT, before she'd even unwrapped it and seen what it was!

 If only she hadn't had to prise this gift out of my hands it would have been happy all round :)

 That's the last of my Christmas presents to show you, I only made two on the run up to Christmas, but I do have another Christmas item to show you...just pretend I'm being super prepared for next year!

Did you make many Christmas presents this year?



You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. ohh... lovely! I have a Sara's pattern from a magazine that is similiar (patchwork version) but haven't tried it yet.. those handles scare me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bag is awesome, from the fabric to the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bag is just gorgeous and I agree with you curtains would look fabulous made from it. I love Amy Butler fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous bag! I can see that fabric would look good as curtains, good luck with getting Dus to agree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful bag!! Stunning and fun colors!!
    susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooooooo I LOVE that fabric - such a great choice. Tell me your friend went gaga when you gave the bag to her.

    ReplyDelete

Love our posts? Sign up to our newsletter!

* indicates required

Instagram

Fabulous Followers